Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Some Great Consumer Resources

Today, with so many of us looking for ways to get the most value for our dollar, I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some great websites for consumers. I originally shared this info back in 2008, but thought it was a good time to share it again.  I know there are many other great sites out there, so if you have a favorite you'd like to share, please email it to me and I'll include it in my next Pook's E-News

Air Travel:
These are four of my favorite resources for air travel:

  • AirfareWatchdog.com - "A dedicated team of airfare experts searching for airfares for people like you."  Airfarewatchdog is part of the Smarter Travel Media Network. The site was created by George Hobica, a travel journalist specializing in consumer issues.
  • kayak.com A great portal for finding great airfares.
  • seatguru.com - The ultimate source for information on airplane seating and in-flight amenities.  This is the place to go to before you choose a seat.
  • SmarterTravel.com - Sign up for email notification of great airfare deals and articles on travel. Especially good info for Seniors.
Automobiles:
Edmunds.com - A great resource when you're looking to buy a car (prices, reviews, information, inventory).
Kelley Blue Book - Valuable information on New Car Prices and Used Car Values

Grocery Coupons:
http://shortcuts.com/home
http://www.printgrocerycoupons.net/
http://www.couponmom.com/

Misc. Resources:
ClarkHoward.com -
"Save more, spend less and avoid rip-offs."

No comments: